Integrative Approach to Wellness
WHAT IS A FUNCTIONAL NUTRITIONIST?
“The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food.” - Hippocrates
Integrative Clinical nutrition is based on a scientific, evidence-based approach that considers the uniqueness of each person's biochemical individuality, in conjunction with genetic, environmental , lifestyle, mental, emotional, spiritual and relationship factors that impact the state of health. Utilizing expertise in physiology, biochemistry, and advanced laboratory assessment, we work to personalize a path to wellness through the use of food, exercise, mind-body techniques, supplements, herbs, sleep, and stress management. Integrative and Functional nutrition empowers people to create a partnership with their practitioner in which each person's individual needs are explored to allow healing to occur at the root of dysfunction.
Some ways in which I help:
* Dietary analysis and macronutrient balance
* Uncovering food sensitivities
* Laboratory analysis and some functional testing (Micronutrients, Organic Acids, Adrenal,
* Mindfulness techniques
* Supplement and herbal recommendations
* Lifestyle recommendations such as sleep, stress management, and exercise.
* Specialty diets (Anti-inflammatory, low FODMAP, gluten-free, Paleo, SCD, vegan, etc.)
* Pantry makeovers.
* Recipe sharing and meal planning ideas.
* Community education on nutrition topics.